We are back with another product review and I think it is the last one for the year and the most requested review by my Instagram gang.
In this blog we are talking about sunscreen FINALLY !!!! I know I must be the last person to join the sunscreen gang and to be honest this is the best decision I ever made cause yooo sunscreen is life.
Today I am sharing with you why you need a sunscreen in your routine and my honest review on my experience with the Garnier Ambre solaire anti aging sunscreen.
Before we dive into this beautiful blog check my other reviews here:
- Aloe vera Face mask review : aloe-vera-face-mask-review-the-best-for-hydration
- Jnaturals cosmetics Edge booster review : fast-hair-growth-hack-you-need-to-try-now-the-jnaturals-edge-booster-review
- Dove body lotion review : dove-body-lotion-review-the-best-remedy-for-dry-skin
THE ROLE OF SUNSCREEN
Before i share my experience let me first share the role of sunscreen and all you need to know about it which includes SPF, broad spectrum and everything in between.
The major role of sunscreen is to protect your skin from UV sun rays that can lead to skin damage, sun burns, premature aging and even skin cancer.
Uv rays stands for ultraviolet rays from the sun we have two types UVA and UVB.
UVA is ultraviolet A rays which cause premature aging and UVB is ultraviolet B rays which cause sun burns and this type is the strongest UV sun ray and can also cause skin cancer, too much exposure to the sun can cause so many skin damage that develops slowly.
Growing up i heard things like ‘ we African have so much melanin we don’t need sunscreen.” but let me tell you we all need sunscreen it doesn’t matter your skin color you need some sun protection. Even if we black people have high level of melanin we still need protection just like everybody else . Too much sun cause damage to melanin cells by making them darken and shed so the sunscreen act as a barrier between the sun and the skin, this is why i highly recommend using sunscreen. It is not too late to start protecting yourself from UV rays.
Now that we know the role of sunscreen , how do you choose the right sunscreen ?
A good sunscreen is classified as ” broad spectrum” which means it can protect you from both UVA & UVB also it has a good SPF.
SPF stands for SUN PROTECTION FACTOR and the number represents how long your skin will be protected from the sun from the moment you applied your sunscreen, if it has SPF 30 it means it will protect you for 30 minutes so I highly suggest you re apply it every 2 hours for better protection.
The higher SPF the better protection. So next time when shopping for sunscreen look for those 2 key factors : broad spectrum and SPF.
Now that we have some fundamental information on sunscreen let’s get to the review you all have been waiting for.
GARNIER AMBRE SOLAIRE SUNSCREEN REVIEW
1. THE PACKAGE
This amazing sunscreen comes in a 50ml bottle which is 49% less plastic than their regular bottles, it is a travel size which makes it more easier to carry around.
I love the packaging, very cute and can fit in any bag, the other thing I love about the package is that it has all the important information labelled on the bottle so you get the idea of what you are buying.
For the package it is a 10/10 for me loved it, not complaining .
2. THE INGREDIENTS
For the ingredient this little beauty is made of so many ingredients but here are the main ones that made choose this brand:
- HYALURONIC ACID : The first ingredient that caught my attention is the hyaluronic acid which is known for reducing the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles by helping the skin to stretch and flex, retaining moisture to the skin which create a plumping effect and leave the skin hydrated and smooth. This makes the sunscreen a very good product to prevent premature aging.
- NIACINAMIDE : Another important ingredient found in the sunscreen is the NIACINAMIDE which helps build cells in the skin while also protecting them from environmental stresses, such as sunlight, pollution, and toxins.(source: healthline)
- PARABEN FREE : Another key factor is that this product is paraben free which makes it good for the skin.
HOW TO APPLY SUNSCREEN
Sunscreen should come as the last step of your skincare routine wait for a few minutes and then proceed with your makeup (if you wear any of course). Put it on your face, avoid the eyes and remember the neck it also needs protection. Gently massage the sunscreen into your skin for better absorption and for better protection reapply more often especially if you are more exposed to the sun.
3. THE EFFECTIVENESS
Does this face sunscreen work ?
Well it does, i have been using this sunscreen for 2 months now it brought some changes to my face which are:
- My dark spots started to disappear thanks to Hyaluronic acid, yes they are still there but vanishing slowly
- My skin feels more hydrated and moisturized than it was before :the good thing about this sun cream is that it can be used with or without a moisturizer so it is very suitable for all skin types.
- I now have an even skin tone: in the past i used to have so many dark spots and discoloration but since I update my routine and added a good sunscreen with amazing ingredients my skin is looking more even , radiant and beautiful.
- It is hypoallergic and non greasy : I have a very sensitive skin and I was afraid it will break my skin but it didn’t instead my skin looks more put together and hydrated. For the non greasy part this sunscreen is the best, the more you apply and massage it into the skin it penetrates into the skin and doesn’t leave no grease.
- It has spf 50 and protect from UVA and UVB which is high and provide high protection for your skin against the 2 dangerous UV rays.
WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS ?
Yes and YES !! Not only i recommend using this brand but i highly recommend applying your sunscreen every day it may be with this brand Garnier or with any other of your preference but please APPLY your sunscreen your skin will thank you later.
I give this sunscreen a solid 9/10 because this product t is very affordable ( ranging between $4-$12) and does the job, it provides protection from both UVA&UVB rays. Another important thing is that you can carry it around because it has a travel sizes which will allow you to reapply when you need to, if you have been looking for an affordable and effective sunscreen here is the link to shop them:
This was my short and simple review on my first sunscreen, was it helpful ? Which type of sunscreen do you use and which one would you recommend ? Let me know in the comment section. SEE YOU in another blog xoxo.
[…] Garnier sunscreen review : garnier-ambre-solaire-anti-age-sunscreen-review […]